Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kimberly Gould Week 42: A Heroine for a Heroine

Picture 1


Picture 2


Kimberly Gould’s Picture Choice: A Heroine for a Heroine

Title: Both

It was a familiar story, like the others on the shelf. She had read this particular book a hundred times. It had a twist. Like Mulan, the heroine wasn’t a princess, she was the warrior that saved those in distress. In this case, the Princess.

Mom and Joey had been quick to give it to me. I still didn't know how the author was, but I loved her. She seemed to know exactly what it was like to have two moms, to be both females in the story. She didn’t make me feel weird for wanting to rescue the girl.

Opening the cracked spine for the one hundred and seventh time, I flipped an imaginary coin. This time, I would be the princess. I would let my warrior heroine find and rescue me. I would put my life and heart in her hands and know she would see me safely home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

Kimberly Gould is the author of Cargon: Honour and Privilege and the upcoming Thickness of Blood. She can be found most places as Kimmydonn, including Kimmydonn.com

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment