Monday, October 27, 2014

SJ Maylee Week 123: The Sweet Life

Picture 1


Picture 2


SJ Maylee’s’ Choice: Both

Title: The Sweet Life

“When can we eat them?” Jonathon licked his lips. He figured if the pretty snowflake cookies tasted even half as good as they smelled they’d be the best he’d ever had.

“Let me fill the tins first and then we can eat some.” Roxanne bumped him with her hip. “We need to leave for the party in about an hour.”

He stepped back and watched her work. Her silky dark hair flowed down her back. She really was the most enticing creature. When he was around her, he forgot every worry he had.

“I can’t believe they’ve been married a year already.” She turned around to face him. “I wish I’d known you then. Their wedding was like a fairy tale.” She wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Would you like a winter wedding?” The need to give her anything she wanted was growing faster than he could control. A tick of concern chipped away at his blissful mood.

“I don’t know. I haven’t really thought about it.” She caressed the nape of his neck.

“I thought all girls grew up dreaming about their wedding.” He pulled her closer.

“My childhood was different.”

“Someday I hope you’ll tell me about your childhood.”

“And I have the same hope.” She reached behind her and then brought a cookie to his lips.

He took a bite of her offering and an explosion of sweet spices warmed him all over. “You make me want to give you everything you’ve ever wanted.”

“Right now, all I want is you.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

SJ Maylee believes hearts are meant to come together and find love. As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together. You can follow her at @SJMaylee,

#DailyPicspiration

2 comments: