Monday, November 16, 2015

Laura James Week 176: Bedtime Story

Picture 1


Picture 2


Laura James’s Picture Choice: 2

Title: Bedtime Story

The kids came charging down stairs, all ready for bed. Snuggling up together round the fireplace, they looked expectantly at their Grandpa.

Grandpa put his pipe in the ashtray, "Did I ever tell you guys how I met your Grandmother?"

All four heads shook no.

"It was long ago, when we lived in the village. I was coming back from the market and the only way home was through the woods. I'd been told over and over not to enter the woods after dark, strange beasts had been seen, but I had no choice and I was too drunk and too stupid to take heed of the warnings.

The woods were very dark and soon I was disorientated, lost..."

"Were you scared?" Asked Gemma. He bent down and pulled Gemma onto his lap, "A little but I had my knife. Soon I sensed that something was out there, I kept seeing flashes of white through the trees. I thought back to the stories, beasts that could devour you in a single bite roamed these woods, was that what I would face.

Then from the right a white wolf charged at me, growling with large teeth."

The children gasped and Gemma snuggled further into her Grandpa's arms.

"I threw my knife with all the strength I had but it missed, so I turned and ran. The wolf was gaining on me when I heard a voice shout for me to duck, I had no sooner dived to the ground when an arrow passed over my head, striking the wolf down.

When I finally pulled myself together and stood, I was faced with the most beautiful woman I had ever seen."

Gemma looked towards where her Grandmother sat knitting, "Wow. Do you think Grandma will teach me to shoot?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

Based in Dunfermline, Scotland, Laura is obsessed with all things horror and spends her time writing flash fiction which she hopes, on occasion, really scares her readers. Feel free to stalk her on twitter, @lejamez

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment