Thursday, June 20, 2013

Jenn Baker Week 52: Darkness

Picture 1


Picture 2


Jenn Baker’s Picture Choice: 1

Title: Darkness

Slowly I pull the silver tab up, using the hoodie as a shield to hide behind. To hide the darkness within me. A darkness that I'm usually able to keep under control, but some days there is no controlling it.

The darkness builds and over follows making daily life hard to live. It binds me to my home, sometimes even to my bed, like invisible bands preventing me from living.

The hoodie allows me to harness the darkness and live my life. The hoodie is my shield to keep the darkness hidden from others.

Hopefully, in the future, I won't need the hoodie. Hopefully the darkness will loosen its hold and allow me to live again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

Jenn lives in central Florida with her best friend and husband, Andy. When not reviewing books on her book blog, PonyTails Book Reviews, she writes her own Contemporary Western Romance and Scottish Historicals. Jenn is hoping to have her first novel, The Prodigal Cowboy, published in the fall of 2013.

#DailyPicspiration

1 comment: