Monday, October 15, 2012

Jen DeSantis Week 17: Magic

Picture 1


Picture 2


Jen DeSantis’ Choice: 2

Title: Magic

“Watch this.”

Isaac murmured some strange words under his breath and Connie rolled her eyes, but I watched with rapt attention as Isaac’s words took shape in the air in front of him. It was like they were a concrete thing twisting and turning in the space between Isaac and the tree.

His eyes fluttered closed and his raised his hands up. The tree branches fluttered and so many tiny pink bud began to shimmer in the air around us. Connie let a gasp of surprise and I saw Isaac’s lips twitch. As the flowers coalesced and formed a bird above our heads, Connie clapped her hands together in surprise and happiness.

It made Isaac smile and his blue eyes twinkled. I smiled for him, because I wanted him to be happy. But I didn’t need these parlor tricks to see his magic the way Connie did; I felt it all the time. I wished that could be enough for him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer DeSantis is a Horror and Paranormal Author and host of the #FridayPictureShow. She lives near Philly with her family. In her spare time is an aspiring ninja.

#DailyPicspiration

2 comments:

  1. I really needed some magic today and your words brought it to me. Even without the picture I could see the imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're words, simple but poignant. And something I think we have all felt at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete