Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sydney Logan Week 20: Change

Picture 1


Picture 2


Sydney Logan’s Picture Choice: 1

Title: Change

“You’re sure about this?”

I nod. “You keep telling me change is good, right?”

Leslie, my hair stylist and best friend, looks at the picture in my hand.

“Yeah, but that . . . that is drastic.”

I don’t bother telling her that a drastic change is just what I need. She’s my best friend, so she knows the absolute crap that has become my life.

After finalizing the divorce last month, I have done nothing but wallow. I’ve worked, because I have to. I’ve eaten, because if don’t, I’m sure to pass out.

I am tired of being this person. This depressed, moody, gloomy person. I didn’t used to be this way. He made me this way, and now he’s gone.

Definitely time for something new.

“Do it,” I say with an adamant nod.

Hours later, I’m finally allowed to see the finished product. It’s just like the picture, except my hair is a little shorter.

“What do you think?” Leslie asks, her voice soft and nervous.

I smile at my reflection.

“I think change is good,” I tell her.

--------------------------------------

Sydney Logan recently released her debut novel, Lessons Learned. She lives in Tennessee with her wonderful husband and their very spoiled cat. Please visit her website at www.sydneylogan.com.

#DailyPicspiration

1 comment: