Thursday, April 25, 2013

Jenn Baker Week 44: The Hidden Me

Picture 1


Picture 2


Jenn Baker’s Picture Choice: 1

Title: The Hidden Me

I have an invisible side, one that is hidden from everyone. Raven is the dark side to my normal light hearted, carefree side. She has been around for as long as I can remember. She is lurking in the background, waiting for me to be distracted, so she can come out to play. She isn’t evil, just dark.

Raven has to be controlled. She is capable of causing chaos and destruction. When she is in control, all I can do is watch. We both have unique abilities and they seem to be opposite of each other, just like we are opposites. I am able to communicate with most mammals, while Raven can only communicate with snakes, bats, and some birds. I am able to cross the barrier to the realm of the fey and learn the healing arts from them. She crosses over to Tartarus and watches the tortures the evil endure for eternity.

I’ve been fighting for so long to keep her from escaping, but it will inevitably happen. When it does, I don’t know what chaos and destruction she will cause. Last time, she blew up an abandoned warehouse. She danced near the flames enjoying the destruction. I’m afraid of what she will do. I keep hoping that my goodness will keep her from ever venturing in to the realm of evil but I don’t know if I’m strong enough to prevent it.

I must stay on my guard. I can’t let my control slip. The second it does, Raven will pounce.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

Jenn lives in central Florida with her best friend and husband, Andy. When not reviewing books on her book blog, PonyTails Book Reviews, she writes her own Contemporary Western Romance and Scottish Historicals. Jenn is hoping to have her first novel, The Prodigal Cowboy, published in the fall of 2013.

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment