Thursday, October 31, 2013

Michela Walters Week 71: Compromise

Picture 1


Picture 2


Michela Walters’s Picture Choice: 1

Title: Compromise

“Why’s Jack dressed like a hipster?”

My wife set her newspaper down, shooting me a sly grin as she did it. “Isn’t he adorable? I found that fedora at that consignment store down on Main. I couldn’t resist.”

Her face was alight with excitement at the costume she’d created for our three year old. I, on the other hand, was hoping for more of a manly choice of Captain America or a fireman, shoot -- even an astronaut or clown would have been preferable. This was touching on a metrosexual side I wasn’t really comfortable with. “Huh-- I kind of thought he was going to be a superhero or something. Where’d you get this idea?”

Shelby rolled her eyes and reminded me that I’d given up my veto rights when I told her I didn’t care what he was going to wear for Halloween.

“Next time, you can choose his outfit. Since you didn’t, he’s going as Justin Timberlake.”

I muffled the groan deep in my throat knowing my brothers were going to have a good go at me when the saw my son dressed like a pop star. But alas, I had told my wife she could do as she pleased, and I was the one who now had to pay the price. And besides, he did look pretty cute.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

Michela Walters is a wife, mother and book enthusiast. She is currently attempting her hand at writing her first romantic fiction novella. You can read her other stories on her blog: michelawalters.wordpress.com

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment