Thursday, November 14, 2013

Michela Walters Week 73: Change of Plans

Picture 1


Picture 2


Michela Walters’s Picture Choice:

Title: Change of Plans

“I thought we were going hiking?” I asked, noticing Shelly was dressed in traditionally, non-athletic attire.

She twirled around, sending the skirt of her dress flying up around her, showing her long, lithe legs and bare feet. “Meh, I didn’t really want to go. Figured we could stay here and find something better to do than keeping track of all the cairns marking the trail.”

Sitting down beside where she fell after her twirl, I tucked an errant hair behind her ear and kissed her gently. “You know, instead of having me make grandiose plans, you could just tell me you wanted to hang around the house.”

Nuzzling into my chest, Shelly reminded me that it wasn’t to, just stay home. “You’re headed to far off lands for the next six months, I’m pretty sure I can think of a few other things to do than, hang around.”

With a smile that had filled my life with so much joy, she grabbed my hand and led me back into the house where I knew I wouldn’t be upset about this particular change of plans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

Michela Walters is a wife, mother and book enthusiast. She is currently attempting her hand at writing her first romantic fiction novella. You can read her other stories on her blog: michelawalters.wordpress.com

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment