Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ruth Long Week 105: California Dreaming

Picture 1


Picture 2


Ruth Long’s Picture Choice: One

Title: California Dreaming

First week in the Golden State.

First day of summer.

First date with a sufer boy.

A whole day together at the beach. It’s too soon for that, isn't’ it?

What will we talk about? What will we do? What was I thinking when I said ‘yes?’

I don’t have anything to wear? Haven’t ever owned flipflops. Haven’t shaved my legs in months. Haven’t been in a swimsuit in … forever.

Days tick by. Clock ticks down. Tick. Tick. Tick.

T minus fifteen minutes. Sunscreened. Flipflopped. Ponytailed.

Too fairskinned. Too uptight. Too late to change.

Hello. Flutters of happiness. A hug worth shaving for.

Windows down. Pulse skipping.

Music. Chatter. Laughter.

Ocean. Sun. Wind.

You are calm water, clear skies, and breezy smiles.

Next weekend? That would be lovely.

Just like today, here in the wide blue open with you.

I think I’m going to enjoy West Coast living.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

A reader by birth, paper-pusher by trade and novelist by design, story-telling in my passion. If you enjoyed reading today's story, please consider checking out my blog bullishink.com, joining my creative community sweetbananaink.com or participating in the madcap twitter fun @bullishink.

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment