Tuesday, March 15, 2016

KendallJaye Collard Week 192: Reinvention and Renewal

Picture 1


Picture 2


KendallJaye Collard’s Picture Choice: First

Title: Reinvention and Renewal

Looked a little ragged. Maybe worn on the corners. Nothing you’d look twice at.

But I knew there was something hidden under the layers of neglect.

So I hung a sign on the door: I AM UNDER RENOVATION.

I spent evenings there. Weekends. Every moment I could.

People asked what was wrong with me. All they saw was the ugliness. A project too big.

I AM UNDER RENOVATION

Eventually people stopped being curious and started being scared. People fear change.

But I didn’t let it stop me.

I polished.

I dusted.

I mopped.

I painted.

I AM UNDER RENOVATION

Eventually people stopped being scared and started being skeptical.

But I didn’t let it stop me.

I bled.

I sweat.

I cried.

I never gave up.

I AM UNDER RENOVATION

Eventually I realized I no longer cared what people thought. This was saving my soul.

I AM UNDER RENOVATION

I AM A WORK IN PROGRESS

I AM BUILDING A BETTER ME

I AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

KendallJaye Collard gets her kicks above the waistline, Sunshine. Wine drinker, Cancer Survivor, and protected by rocksalt. Spread the love with her at @KJCollard.

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment