Monday, September 29, 2014

SJ Maylee Week 119: Finding Their Happy

Picture 1


Picture 2


SJ Maylee’s’ Choice: Both

Title: Finding Their Happy

“Jared, slow down.” Sara braced herself as he swung the car around the almost empty parking lot. She had a dozen things to do before the moving trucks arrived tomorrow.

“Oh, come on.” He put the car in reverse and turned around. “For old time’s sake.”

“The kids are waiting for us to get back. Besides, are you sure our car can handle it?”

“I thought you were trying to talk me out of it?” He picked up speed and headed for the hill. “Tomorrow we’re moving away from all of this.”

“Yes, finally we’ll be out of this town.” They may have grown up here, but the small town and all its gossip had been a nightmare the last few months.

“We both deserve to move on, but let’s not forget how much fun we’ve had here.”

“Okay. Sounds good. Let’s get out and roll down the hill over there like we did when we were six.”

“I remember that. I thought you were the prettiest thing I’d ever seen.” He reached out and caressed her cheek and then increased their speed, heading for the hill.

“Jared.” She screamed as the car raced up the hill. With her eyes closed, she felt the moment when the car crested the hill and the tires lifted from the ground. Her stomach flipped, everything seemed lighter than air until it all crashed to the ground. “Oh my gosh. I can’t believe you just did that.”

Jared was hollering at the top of his lungs. It was probably one of their best landings. She shook her head and started laughing. A fit of giggles hit her hard, lifting the stress from the past several months.

“There. That’s what I needed to see. When we leave tomorrow, we’re going to leave all this ugliness behind.” He pulled the car to a stop. “I promised to take care of you and love you.”

“You’ve always done that.”

“Not if I’m not seeing that smile.” He leaned in and kissed her. “You deserve to be happy.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you just read? Have a question or concern? Leave a note for the author! We appreciate your feedback!

SJ Maylee believes hearts are meant to come together and find love. As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together. You can follow her at @SJMaylee,

#DailyPicspiration

2 comments:

  1. Quite the adrenaline rush! I had a coworker who would giggle everytime things got out of control (helicopers in a storm, things like that) and she would tell her husband, "the last thing you'll hear will be me. Wheeeee! hahaha" And it's probably true!
    I'm glad things are working out for them. I hope she is happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, such a cute tale, reminiscing of happier times and hankering for more. I hope they find it. x

    ReplyDelete