Monday, December 24, 2012

Jen DeSanatis Week 27: Sugar Plum Dreams

Picture 1


Picture 2


Jen DeSantis’ Choice: 2

Title: Sugar Plum Dreams

I looked in on him last night: his plump, toddler cheeks cherry red against his white pillow and his chubby hand wrapped tightly around his stuffed mouse. I couldn’t help myself. I curled myself around his sleep-warm body and cradled him in my arms the way I had when he was an infant.

Perfect, bow-tie lips made a little ‘o’ in sleep and I imagined that I could see his dreams. Sugared apples and fairy wings, silver knights and fiery dragons. I held him as he slept, felt his little body twitch rise and fall with each breath, and sighed in contentment.

My darling, my little boy. He could put even the most sparkling sugar plum dream to shame.

--------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer DeSantis is a Horror and Paranormal Author and host of the #FridayPictureShow. She lives near Philly with her family. In her spare time is an aspiring ninja.

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment