Monday, December 17, 2012

Jen DeSantis Week 26: Tick Tock

Picture 1


Picture 2


Jen DeSantis’ Choice: 2

Title: Tick Tock

Its face was beautiful. Stainless steel findings with gold embellishments adorned the inner workings. It shone in the cool, bright autumn light as it hung from the bedpost in front of my eyes. I shifted and the glass winked in the sunbeam.

My eyes flitted to the window. A chill crept in from the open pane and I shivered. A sweater would have been nice, or perhaps a blanket. But I sat on the bed in only a thin nightgown watching the clock.

My fingers were numb and pain shot up my arms as I twisted my wrists. The coarse rope bit at the tender skin at the base of my palm, but I couldn’t revive my fingers. They’d been without blood-flow for hours.

I closed my eyes for five ticks, but they flashed open and my heart began to race violently. At first, I didn’t know what had caused my panic, but my eyes soon fell on the face of the watch. Its hands were frozen on the four and the eight.

The door to my room slowly swung open.

As a shadow crossed the threshold, my eyes remained rapt upon the watch. Its face was beautiful and its workings were dead. The metaphor was not lost on me.

--------------------------------------------------

Jennifer DeSantis is a Horror and Paranormal Author and host of the #FridayPictureShow. She lives near Philly with her family. In her spare time is an aspiring ninja.

#DailyPicspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment